Saturday, 28 November 2009

Angst over the human speed hump

I have had a couple of troubled days worrying about Dew Drop. He is just sitting there. He seems to want to move but really doesn't have a clue how to move his body. I think he may be wanting to bum shuffle because he is doing this bouncing thing on his bottom. All I think of is Greg and walking at 23 months. This can't be the case can it?

With the family history I really haven't been at all worried until my last blog post when I realised that he really is 11 months old and he really can't even roll over. God, I must be a terrible mother to have not even given this a thought.

I am going to call the Early Childhood centre on Monday and try to get an appointment (I am dreading this after the last appointment with the nurse making the cerebral palsy comment about the Minx) to see the paediatric physiotherapist.

It doesn't help that he has his aged-matched peer zipping all over the place. I probably needed to be more persistent with "tummy time" - he has always hated it. Oh God! What if there is something wrong with him? I can hear the health professionals now saying ' He's eleven months and not crawling yet. He can't even roll over and it has taken her 11 months to bring him in'.

Oh well. It isn't about me. It is about my precious boy and I really need to make sure that he is okay. Just a bit slow off the mark (like the rest of them). I mean Doo Dah wasn't crawling yet either. I don't remember if he was commandoing or anything. Dew Drop isn't. He is redefining speed humps.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...