Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Two new things after four long years

Image from here
When I picked up Doo Dah from daycare yesterday, his teacher made a point of catching my attention.

Of course, being Doo Dah, I thought "What has he done now?"

Nothing bad as it turned out you negative Nellie. She just wanted to tell me a little story.

She said that she had been reading a particular story to groups of children for more than four years. She knew the story by rote and anticipated the children's questions and comments on each and every page as she turned them.

She said that she was surprised that day because Doo Dah had pointed out two new things about the book to her. Two things she had never noticed herself. Two things that no other child, in four years, had ever pointed out.

Pretty amazing huh?

Doo Dah's teacher's comments really made my day yesterday.

What is making your heart sing this week?

10 comments:

therhythmmethod said...

Clever Doo Dah!
My baby is finally eating from a spoon. He's nearly 9 months, and it's been a long messy road, with lots of wasted mush, but we're getting there.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That's SO cool!!! Make sure to write that down in his baby book...what a great story! :)

Lucy said...

How lovely. I do not think there is a finer feeling in the world than that rush of pride we get when someone else notices something special about our children.

This week? For me? Heart singing? My sons reading. Big time. I am blown away with pride.

And the garden. The garden is looking spesh...

Alice Becomes said...

fantastic

you should be very proud of that news

this week my heart is singing after spending some "quality time" with my dear nanna, who leaves to go back to england this week

Gill xo

Cate said...

Isn't it wonderful when teachers/caregivers give you feedback that make you realise they really know, care for and appreciate your child :-)
As for what's making my heart sing...well as shallow as it sounds; so many people (you included - ta!) were kind enough to say that my new haircut looks nice...and quite frankly that's enough to make me a happy bunny!! (easily pleased, I know)
xxxCate

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Fantastic! That would have made my day too. :-)

Lizeylou said...

I love it when my kids surprise me like that ... always brings a little tear of pride and happiness. Good Job Doo Dah

Rebecca said...

That is very sweet...

a. I love when teachers have good things to say.
b. I love when kids pick up on things that adults are completely oblivious about.

Kelly said...

aww that's so sweet!

myshoeboxlife.com said...

This is one of the things I love the most about working with children - being able to relate stories like this to parents. Little people are truly amazing. What a clever little munchkin. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...