Monday, 29 August 2011

The fine art of balance

Image from here
One of the hardest things about being a wife is compromising.

One of the hardest things about being a mother is watching your child be left out, forgotten, hurt or wanting.

One of the hardest things about being an auntie is having too little time to spend with your nieces and nephews.

One of the hardest things about being a friend is listening to all the details about someone else's life without being asked about your own.

One of the hardest things about being a daughter is watching your parents get older.

One of the hardest things about being a sister is keeping your opinions to yourself and letting them just be.

One of the hardest things about being an employee is squeezing a full-time role into part-time hours.

One of the hardest things about being a fledgling runner is finding the time to pound the pavement so that each run is not an act of self-torture.

One of the hardest things about life is finding balance.

What are the hardest things about the roles that you fulfill?

17 comments:

Mum on the Run said...

Nodding along!
One of the hardest things about blogging is not spending more time with your computer than your hubby!
:-)

Kymmie said...

I'm always saying words along these lines. And always looking for the right balance too. Life is like a giant swinging pendulum. Let's hope we stop in the middle every once in a while.

Great post Coo. xx

Miss Pink said...

Gosh you are wise.

Coal Valley View said...

I think you've pretty much got it all covered there!! Great Post!

House of Prowse said...

How thought provoking and "what Mum on the run said"!

E. said...

Well said. Life balance is a very fine art.

One of the hardest things about being the mum of an older child is giving them the space and freedom to make their own choices (and sometimes mistakes).

Alice Becomes said...

All of this and more. Life is all about striking a balance, isn't it? Let the kids run free or never let them go....? It's a tough one

x

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, I think you've covered it all. It's so hard to find the time to fit everything in. I find that if I've managed to do one thing, sure enough there's something else that's left out...

Tat said...

Lately it's all been about time for me. How do I squeeze everything I want to do and look after my kids and my relationship all in just 24 hours a day?

Cecilia @ Parenting Controversy said...

"One of the hardest things about being a friend is listening to all the details about someone else's life without being asked about your own."

Ugh, this one is particularly hard when you have MANY friends like this.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention that it's time I did some gradual friend shedding. Friendship is after all a two way street.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Did you just reach into my head and extract that post?

xx

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Great post! All of the things you said.

Lib said...

Wow, amazing post - can relate to every point but the running one would be substituted with walking :)

Eloise said...

I really relate to all of those (apart from the running. I try to avoid running wherever possible hahaha). One of the hardest things in my life is finding balance between being a mother and a wife (particularly the wife bit) and being my own person - with my own interests, my own time, my own decision making, my own freedom. Its a very thin line to tread and I don't always tread it successfully, or well, Im afraid.

Jennifer Reid said...

All of the above :)
Very well said...we need to be kind to ourselves & stop trying to be all things to all people. That's my biggest problem! Great post xo

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

I so agree! Written perfectly.

Maxabella said...

You keep your opinions to yourself? That's not what your sister role is! Get it out!! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...