Sunday, 19 January 2014

Summer lovin' 2014

*The post is brought to you by Vivobarefoot kids who kindly supplied us with some fabulous wet shoes for Nugget and Doo Dah to enjoy the Summer. And they have.*



I love Summer. I love the long days of light, the clear skies and the endless opportunity to line dry the washing. I love the trips to the beach (excluding sandy crotch), fun at the park, and time in the garden. I love the fresh salads, cocktails and ginger beer. I love the fruit - berries, watermelon, pineapple; the freshly squeezed juice; the intoxicating joie de vie; the parties and BBQs and the amazing spiegeltent at the Sydney festival. I love the endless supply of animated flicks -Frozen, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and Free birds, we've seen them all. I love the sandals and thongs, with painted toe nails on display. I love the lack of school lunches and the absence of routine. I love the early morning runs and the random long evening bush walks. I love cooling down in the spa after a long day in the sun. I love playing backyard cricket with the kids. I love falling asleep under the fan. I love light meals and drinks with ice. And ice blocks. I just love ice blocks.

Are you a Summer person? What are you lovin' about Summer?

3 comments:

Bron Maxabella said...

Laxy starts in the morning! I love 'em!' And gin and tonics on the verandah in the late afternoon. Snuggling in bed way past bedtime. The soft flare of cool air as the fan drifts past me. Reading trashy novels. Hearing the kids playing so joyfully in the pool. x

winnem said...

The bright bright light - especially in the early morning

Tat said...

Usually I love summer... this year I'm grateful for the cooler days. Love the shoes ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...