Friday, 13 January 2017

A Year in Review: New Zealand


I don't think I managed a single post in 2016 so I am taking time to stock take 16 things to remember from 2016 before I can't remember them... So here goes...

When Nugget turned ten, he and I had a trip to Nepal. It was such a wonderful experience to have together; something we connect over regularly. All the little in-jokes about selfie-sticks and pea-cocks and the memories. Such beautiful memories. It was a real bonding moment for us; our first experience as equals.

We wanted Doo Dah to have a similar opportunity when he turned ten this year. Unfortunately for me, it was the Geege's turn to have the overseas trip bonding experience, so I didn't get a guernsey for this one, but the boys had a trip to New Zealand while we were away in the Warrumbungles.

A few of their favourite things...


  • The Luge at Queenstown
  • Nepalese Dumplings from the Noodle Market eaten by Lake Wakatipu
  • Mini golf and Jet Boat rides in Queenstown
  • Ferg Burgers - Chief Wiggum and Cockadoodle Doo
  • Rock skimming in the many rivers
  • Juicy Lucy van
  • Leaning tower of Wanaka
  • Visit to Mt Cook
  • Bouldering at Castle Hill, NZ
  • Lake Tekapo aka Lake Take-a-poo
  • Tobbogganing sans toboggan at Coronet Peak
  • Erik's fish'n'chips at the beach

The Geege's final facebook update spoke volumes to me about the importance of this trip:
"2 weeks with my boy Dec in NZ. Memories made and forever held. Love you Dec. See you soon family".



Have you had a 1:1 trip with any of your children? How did you find it?


PS: I will be back in a week or so - am off to Fraser Island with the fam.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...