Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Year in Review: Woodford Festival


I don't think I managed a single post in 2016 so I am taking time to stock take 16 things to remember from 2016 before I can't remember them... So here goes...

We started the year in the most delightful way possible, attending Woodford Festival with two other families and 30000 of our dearest friends. It was fun, creative, a sensory overload, a deep breath. The music brought me so much joy and being able to enjoy it with my husband and kids was the biggest 'soul hug' I could have asked for. The community of Woodfordia restores faith in humanity.

We rose at dawn on New year's day to meditate with the Tibetan monks on the hilltop of Woodford. Dew Drop and I sang in the Community Choir at the Closing Ceremony. It was the most incredible production to be part of - something to remember forever...

Breaking in the New Year with the Tibetan Monks - Woodford, 2017
I have managed to hold onto small parts of Woodford throughout the year by seeing some of the talented musicians we  discovered there in concert, by sharing stories and in-jokes with my family and by deliberately tripping down memory lane from time to time. There is something about Woodford that gently caresses your heart and every time you think about it a sense of peace washes over you.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely to see you after so long MM. What a beautiful way to start the year! Looking forward to sharing more of your 2016 memories.

Marcy said...

That sounds like an amazing experience! Happy new year :)

MultipleMum said...

Hello back! Thanks for stopping by. This little project might just reignite the passion... you never know!

MultipleMum said...

It was Marcy. Truly wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...