I don't think I managed a single post in 2016 so I am taking time to stock take 16 things to remember from 2016 before I can't remember them... So here goes...
When Nugget turned ten, he and I had a trip to Nepal. It was such a wonderful experience to have together; something we connect over regularly. All the little in-jokes about selfie-sticks and pea-cocks and the memories. Such beautiful memories. It was a real bonding moment for us; our first experience as equals.
We wanted Doo Dah to have a similar opportunity when he turned ten this year. Unfortunately for me, it was the Geege's turn to have the
A few of their favourite things...
- The Luge at Queenstown
- Nepalese Dumplings from the Noodle Market eaten by Lake Wakatipu
- Mini golf and Jet Boat rides in Queenstown
- Ferg Burgers - Chief Wiggum and Cockadoodle Doo
- Rock skimming in the many rivers
- Juicy Lucy van
- Leaning tower of Wanaka
- Visit to Mt Cook
- Bouldering at Castle Hill, NZ
- Lake Tekapo aka Lake Take-a-poo
- Tobbogganing sans toboggan at Coronet Peak
- Erik's fish'n'chips at the beach
The Geege's final facebook update spoke volumes to me about the importance of this trip:
"2 weeks with my boy Dec in NZ. Memories made and forever held. Love you Dec. See you soon family".
Have you had a 1:1 trip with any of your children? How did you find it?
PS: I will be back in a week or so - am off to Fraser Island with the fam.